Top to Bottom :: Dining Room In Progress
I'll start off by saying the new color green we went with was hard to photograph. It's giving this two toned effect in the pictures but that's not really how it is. The picture above is the most accurate representation of what it actually looks like. It is a much darker green that can even appear nearly black depending on the light. We really love how rich it is and are happy with it...just not crazy about how it's coming off in the pictures.
You can see the BEFORE images here.
So as you might have read here we are not able to refinish our downstairs floors as soon as we thought due to taxes but we have continued to march forward so that at least when we can afford it, everything else will be ready.
Here's what we've done so far ::
- Scraped, patched and fixed all holes and gaps on walls, trim and ceiling
- Painted the ceiling
- Painted the walls above plate rail
- Painted the walls below the plate rail -- we had already painted them green last year but decided we wanted to go with a darker green and are very pleased with it.
- Repainted all the trim work (I always like to point that out so nobody thinks we've painted any wood in this house that wasn't already painted)
- As you can see the built-in was painted like the floors upstairs and we stripped a portion of it to discover the wood wasn't that nice, which is why it was painted to begin with. We decided to paint it to match the rest of the green in the room and really love how it turned out.
- We stripped and cleaned all the hardware on the built-in because it had been caked in the brown paint used on the cabinet. They work so much better now and we love their vintage patina.
- Hung our pictures and mirrors back up -- I like them even better on the darker green.
- I've always really liked our dining room light and fixed it up a bit to work better a few years back. It's staying.
Here's what we still need to do ::
- We need to remove all shoe molding, fix and paint it. Put back in once floors are finished.
- Remove all baseboard heat and put back up once floors are finished.
- Refinish dining room floors.
I'll be doing an updated post once it is time to refinish the floors! Now time to move on to our living room.